Senior UX Designer
Who is Kyros?
Kyros is a venture-backed Minneapolis-based start-up that is revolutionizing the way that recovery services are delivered and managed. Our technology-enabled workforce solution provides instant access to a curated network of peer recovery specialists and recovery resources for individuals suffering from substance use disorder while simultaneously streamlining and automating critical administrative functions to enable service expansion and increased accessibility.
Position Summary: The Senior UX Designer is responsible for intimately knowing the users of our products, designing experiences that they know will meet their needs, and measuring/monitoring those experiences for areas of opportunity to improve or build new capabilities. They’re a cross-functional team member, regularly interacting with Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to understand user needs and bring designed UX flows to life.
This position requires a Twin Cities based location and ability to work onsite at the Kyros HQ in downtown Minneapolis ~4 days/week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce design artifacts (sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes) based on research as well as experience and a strong understanding of current digital product design trends – both within and outside of the healthcare ecosystem. Designs for both mobile and web applications.
- Conduct qualitative research by proactively spending time in the market, getting to know our partners and users through first-hand observation, interviewing, user testing.
- Conduct quantitative research such as user surveys and analysis of utilization metrics (click-paths, task completion, time on task, etc)
- Build out/enhance user personas and journey maps that describe our user personas and their needs and pain points.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field and 5+ years of experience as a product designer. Experience designing healthcare experiences is a plus.
Attributes & Qualifications:
- Highly Collaborative: Thrives working with cross-functional stakeholders such as Users, Product Managers, Engineers, and other internal and external stakeholders to create intuitive, user-friendly products that make a difference in the lives of users
- Creative: Produces creative solutions to the unique and complex problems associated with the healthcare space.
- Empathetic: Has or can develop a strong sense of empathy for the end-user
- Flexible: Enjoys the fast-paced startup environment where timelines are tight and priorities change frequently
- Work from Office: Has a preference to be in-office on most days of the week (or doing customer site visits).
- Tools: Comfort working with Material UI and UX Design/prototyping/research tools such as Figma, Miro, Dovetail, usertesting.com, Fullstory, Jira, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and move around for work. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.
Kyros is a first of its kind digital platform for recovery services, harnessing the power of technology to build new pathways to help people heal. At ...