Role Overview: Medical Alley Association (MAA) is a not-for-profit organization working to activate and amplify healthcare transformation as the epicenter of health innovation and care. If you want to have an impact on a $4 trillion dollar sector of the U.S., join the only organization representing the entire continuum of care. This role will be part of a team effort which supports the nation’s leaders in the healthcare industry, including Mayo Clinic, Medtronic, 3M, and United Healthcare. This individual must be energized by making and maintaining business relationships, self-motivated, and love being part of a team. This role will identify opportunities with existing members to engage with our healthcare ecosystem and prospects utilizing sales tools to introduce them to MAA and help guide sponsored engagement options. Responsible for building executive level relationships, supporting key initiatives by making connections with existing or prospective partners. This individual will report to the Vice President of Partnerships and work with leadership to advance MAA mission.
Position Structure: The Partnership Principal’s primary role will be to build and maintain effective relationships with existing and prospective partners. The Partnership Principal will also be a functional partner to other teams, supporting membership, content creation, and communications.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
· Manage relationships with key partners (assigned portfolio) in the Medical Alley healthcare ecosystem.
· Develop overall strategy for member engagement/retention.
· Manage a yearly renewal of partner memberships, responsible for managing the process and reporting.
· Responsible for partners satisfaction through day-to-day direct contact and yearly surveys. Solicit feedback, analyze information, and recommend and implement improvements as appropriate.
· Lead initiatives to engage leaders from partner organizations for networking and professional development opportunities.
· Present and manage key engagement and sponsorship opportunities across the Medical Alley community.
· Build and nurture new partners to Medical Alley, including identifying, vetting, and onboarding.
· With the Marketing team, develop partnership marketing communications – ensure that partnership messages are shared consistently with the Medical Alley community.
· Create materials and presentations as needed for new and potential partners.
· Manage day-to-day membership tasks, including new member onboarding, data entry, entering meeting summaries, preparing engagement reports, etc.
· Represent Medical Alley at events and meetings.
· Develop productive relationships with staff from across the organization (policy, partnerships, Starts, events, and marketing) to ensure member engagement is present in these areas and engagement strategies are implemented.
· Assist in developing the yearly budget with the team and leadership.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of customer relations experience with a focus on retention
· Professional presence with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Strong relation building skills across C-suite organizational levels
· Strategic thinker who is creative, collaborative, high energy, and concise
· Dedicated to quality service with a high regard for ethics and integrity.
· Health industry experience is strongly preferred.
Category: Full-Time, Exempt Employee
Benefits: Competitive benefits package that includes medical, life, and disability coverage with many optional programs, 401k. PTO program plus thirteen (13) paid holidays.
Must have reliable transportation. Occasional travel and flexibility to work weekends or evenings, as required. This position is in the Twin Cities or Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN and while hybrid, does require time in the office.
Organizational Summary: Medical Alley is a member organization working to promote Medical Alley and over 800 global companies that make this region, The Epicenter of Health Innovation and Care®. MAA does this by influencing policy at state and federal levels, delivering actionable intelligence that informs decision-making, connecting members to other industry professionals, providing resources, industry training, and knowledge. We are proud to have been named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for by Minnesota Business Magazine and one of the Best Places to Work honorees by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
At Medical Alley, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are and who we represent. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – across all our work around the world. They are central to our mission and to our impact and support our vision to be The Epicenter of Health Innovation and Care®.
Qualified applicants: Send your current resume and cover letter to Jobs@medicalalley.org.
The Epicenter of Health Innovation and Care®.