Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer position is a key member of R&D Software Engineering Group for Bracco Medical Technologies (BMT) and will develop software for Medical Devices used in Digital Health and Radiology suites. They will participate and consult on activities in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, testing and documentation in support of the development of medical devices and new product development. This role leverages software development proficiency to translate product requirements into code and document work to ensure compliance within a regulated Product Development Process (PDP) and Quality Management System (QMS). Working in coordination with the Principal engineer, this role will provide the opportunity to significantly impact current products driving the development forward while defining next generation functionality.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key member of software development team for DI (Diagnostic Imaging) and Digital Health software for medical devices and product solutions within BMT
- Develop software in C# .NET and Front-end software with Best-in-class coding practices.
- Requirements, Definition, Design, Development and Testing for software platforms with IoT connectivity
- Coordinate with R&D leadership to synchronize product and technology roadmaps
- Partner with the Principal software engineers and Architects to define the interfaces between software sub-systems across the product portfolio and ensure they are standardized across BMT
- Promote and develop best practices and standards across the software organization
- Research and evaluate software techniques and technologies against performance requirements for medical device application
- Responsible for performance and delivery of design inputs to design outputs.
- Responsible for project cycle including creation of design requirements, bug fixes, test reports and protocols.
- Require a demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Review and create software development plan for compliance with adopted BMT engineering standards, national and international standards, and good engineering practices.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related discipline
· 10+ years of architecture, technical design and software development experience
· 5+ years of experience in Full-stack software development in C#/.NET or C++
· User interface experience with technologies like WPF or Angular
· Proficiency in CI/CD Pipeline tools such as Jenkins or Azure DevOps
· Previous experience with Test Management, Configuration Management and Risk Management
· Experience with Code Version Control including branch versioning
· Experience working in the medical device industry or healthcare industry
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.
· Demonstrated competency in understanding and defining the functionality of complex systems and the interactions and dependencies in the HW and SW sub-systems
· Demonstrated experience working with a multi-discipline, global team
· Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to gain buy-in for initiatives
· Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills
· Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by ACIST Medical Systems/Bracco Medical Technologies
- MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with the development tools: MS Visual Studio, JIRA, GIT, JAMA
- Fluency with clinical radiology terminology
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality System Standards
- Medical Device Interoperability experience with HL7, DICOM and PACS, HIS/RIS
- Familiarity with: DICOM, HL7, IHE, and FHIR
- Enterprise software architecture experience (B2B, scalable, preferably cloud driven but also on-prem experience), preferably in Healthcare IT
- Experience of developing critical care medical device products
- Demonstrated ability to develop Intellectual property
- Experience in Medical Device and Drug-Delivery systems
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time