Automation Test Engineer
ABOUT offers a flexible, purpose-built solution that empowers hospitals and health systems to operate as one connected network of care. We enable easy access for clinicians to move patients into and out of the acute care setting - getting them to the next, best care setting faster and easier. Complemented by our clinical experts and best practices, we provide health systems the necessary controls and insights to grow with resilience, drive clinician effectiveness, and improve patient outcomes.
As an Automation Test Engineer with ABOUT, lead the development and maintenance of automated testing. The Automation Test Engineer will also work collaboratively with the engineering and product teams in developing testing solutions across the ABOUT's products. They will be responsible for implementing best practices around test automation and coordinating testing efforts, preparing test plans, all working within agile development methodology. The Automation Test Engineer develops test plans and approaches, troubleshoots and determines solutions for failures, bugs or unexpected results and provides technical direction or guidance to project teams, management or customers.
- Develops and maintains automated testing for ABOUT's portfolio of products.
- Serves as an active team member to understand product deliverables and outcomes; provides technical direction or assistance to identify potential and actual bugs or defects.
- Develop software verification plans and assist in improving quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Facilitates or develops testing plans, automation plans, and approaches to ensure enhancements, updates and new software meets stated requirements and standards.
- Reviews, tests, and troubleshoots software and assists in determining root causes and solutions of failures, bugs or unexpected results; develops automated approaches if feasible.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for QA Automation regarding Platforms, Development and Processes.
- Translates complex business requirements into functional test automation and implements those plans as designed.
- Provides complex analysis, interpretation and counsel to management and teams on quality assurance within projects and related technology policies, programs and practices.
- Provides research and feedback to resolve management and client questions and requirements; assists with receiving customer feedback and coordinating resources and responses as required.
- Analyzes and reviews system and operational performance on an ongoing or as needed basis to determine trends, draw conclusions, interpret findings, and presents results, proposals and recommendations to management.
- Creates clear and detailed defect/bug tickets following the predefined format including steps to duplicate, system parameters, and other information required to assist the developer in isolating the root cause.
- Ensures the accuracy of software, reports, and related details through audits, queries, and operational reviews; working with teams to resolve discrepancies.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Becomes a subject matter expert (SME) in various functionality of the product(s) and development life cycle process. Actively looks for opportunities to assist and train others both within and outside of the engineering department.
- Performs manual testing as needed, striving to automate as many test cases as possible to reduce the manual testing load.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Need to Have:
- Local to Minneapolis/St Paul and able to work on site 2-3 days/week at our downtown St Paul Location
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience within software development
- 3+ years of experience with test automation.
Nice to Have:
- Healthcare technology experience.
- Experience with Selenium, Atata, Specflow, and C#
- Experience with Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, and Java
- Other testing platforms to create automated test scripts
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Complex principles, practices and techniques of quality assurance within information technology.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Approaches to develop software test and performance plans.
- Technology project management principles and approaches, including Agile.
- Advanced understanding of software administration, programs, policies and procedures.
- Various methods to identify and resolve software failures, bugs or unexpected results.
- Methods and approaches to analyze and improve software performance.
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team member.
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers in a respectful, effective, and appropriate fashion.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Performing complex software testing and quality assurance in a variety of assigned areas
- Experience with performance testing a plus.
- Overseeing and administering quality assurance testing projects.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software failures, bugs or unexpected results.
- Developing testing plans, approaches and techniques.
- Serving as an active scrum team member.
- Operating in both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established department guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals across the company.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Travel as needed to support company and customer initiatives. Work on Site at our St Paul office may be required and ABOUT reserves the right to change the location of the role at any time.
ABOUT is also an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connecting those in need with those who heal, faster.